Thursday, January 24, 2008

What's Your Political Compass?

Jack Friday at PharmaGossip and Aubrey Blumsohn at the Scientific Misconduct Blog both challenged me and other pharma bloggers to take the "Political Compass" survey and compare my results with theirs. Well here it is (click to enlarge).

Take the test yourself and see how to analyze it here.

On the left-right scale (economics), I am about as Marxist as Jack Friday, whereas Aubrey is a centrist. On the vertical social scale, however, Jack is the most authoritarian and Aubrey the most libertarian of us three. I'm somewhere between the two.

Jack and I share the same quadrant as Gandhi, Nelson Mandela, and The Dalai Lama. I would not have put the latter in that square -- Mr. Lama seems much more authoritarian to me. After all, don't millions of people pray at his feet? In my case, only my dog is at my feet.

No comments: