Tuesday, January 15, 2008

If It Wasn't for Dr. Nissen, I Wouldn't Have an Informed Opinion at All!

Do you take Zetia like me? Now that there's all this news about how the ENHANCE trial failed (see "The Controversial Vytorin Trial Ends In Failure"), I'm not sure what to do!

The only expert opinion I've heard is from Dr. Steven Nissen (see below), head of cardiology at the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio, who has called for a "moratorium" on the use of Vytorin and Zetia. "In the absence of any evidence of a clinical benefit," said Dr. Nissen, "these drugs should now be used as a last resort."


MY cardiologist hasn't called me or emailed me and the Zetia Web site is mum on the whole subject!

I think this lack of attention to patients like me from our own physicians and from the drug companies whose products I depend upon is SHAMEFUL! or worse!

Please read more about why I feel this way in today's post to Pharma Marketing Blog ("Should I Stop Taking Zetia?").

No comments: