Friday, August 17, 2007

'Round the Sphere: Coffee and Gossip

I like learning the personal interests of bloggers in the Pharma Blogospehere.

Just recently, for example, I learned that Steve Woodruff over at Impactiviti blog is a coffee connoisseur!

"...I can say that I have just had the best coffee I'VE ever enjoyed in New Jersey..."

Not being a resident of NJ, I can't say whether or not this is faint praise. But the place where he got his coffee is in Lambertville, which is just across the river from me. Since I am just now running out of my Bucks County (PA) Coffee -- the best coffee I have ever enjoyed in PA! -- I thought I'd head on over to Lambertville for dinner and pick up some of that NJ coffee along the way!

Meanwhile, Peter Rost is continuing to burn up NRx's bandwidth with off-topic posts and shameless self-promotion. Other bloggers than myself, including Pharm Aid, are getting fed up with it:

"Since coming to Brandweek NRx, I have received so many self-promotional e-mails from Rost I almost started filtering him," says Pharm Aid, "...but then thought better of it. I've decided to blog about his self-promotion..." You can see the latest post here.

Rost himself continues to "interview" bloggers in this space -- preceded, of course, with a grandiose announcement. His latest interview is with "Jack Friday," aka Insider, at PharmaGossip (see "THE MAN BEHIND PHARMAGOSSIP").
"Jack Friday is a British male, in his 50s, and he has spent his career in the pharma industry," says Rost. "In fact, he’s worked for both Schering-Plough and GlaxoSmithKline, and he still makes his living working for the drug industry."
Boring! Tell us something we all don't already know!

I find it more interesting that Jack Friday is a diehard Chicago Cubs fan.

BTW, Jack states "I know I can trust [Rost] to protect my identity."

Ha! Have you read the Question Authority "TERMS OF USE AGREEMENT AND PRIVACY POLICY"?

Oh, I forgot. NRx is not Question Authority...NOT!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

John,

Be prepared for some of the best java you've sipped in a long time! Let me know what you think!

PharmaGuy said...

I will!

Anonymous said...

http://www.babyscoffee.com/

This gets my vote!

PharmaGuy said...

As I write this, I am enjoying my first cup of Rojo's Roastery Bosco's French Roast Blend (Batch 4898) that Steve recommended.

It's delicious! Very smooth and not acidic or bitter at all, with a hint of chocolate. Not as dark as I would like in a French Roast, but a good coffee to serve guests who are not fanatic about expresso blends.

My wife and I drove over to Lambertville last night and I navigated my "beautiful BMW" (hat tip to Killer Drug) around the construction detours and finally found the place at 7:30 PM in the middle of a torrential downpour!

Bad news! The place closes at 7:00 PM, not 9:00 PM as advertised on their Web site.

Good news! Dave, the owner, was working late and let us in as he was roasting the final batch that night.

After purchasing the 13 oz bag of coffee beans for $9.60, we chatted with Dave for a while, waiting for the rain to let up (it didn't).

Dave recommended a couple of restaurants for dinner and called a client of his who owned Manon and got us a reservation.

Seems everyone in Lambertville knows and loves Dave, who looks like a survivor of the 60's. Everyone running the shops in Lambertville look like that! Not that there's anything wrong with that! In fact, they are my kind of people.

One thing to remember: If you are dining in Lambertville, bring cash -- they don't accept American Express (or Visa or Mastercard or Discover). And if you use the Wachovia ATM, watch out! It charges you $2.50 per transaction!