Wednesday, April 4, 2007

April is the cruellest month...


My friend Fard Johnmar over at HealthcareVox wrote a little "original poem [that] outlines the hard task ahead for pharmaceutical executives and one positive vision for the future." Fard is addressing the "uphill battle for the hearts and minds of the public" and asks "Can [pharma] win?" You can read Fard's poem here.

In the spirit of poetry and keeping it light, here's my little "un-original" poem:

April is the cruellest month, breeding
Pharma conferences out of the dead land, mixing
Memory and desire, stirring
Dull DTC with new accolades.
Winter kept us warm, covering
TV land in forgetful repeats, feeding
Our little eMarketing budgets with dried ROI numbers.
Summer surprised us, coming over the IMS databank
With a shower of ads; we stopped at youtube,
And went on in sunlight, into myspace,
And drank the virtual coffee, and talked for an hour.
Peter Rost gar keine Russin, stamm' aus Genotropin, echt deutsch.
And when we were children, staying at the von Eschenbach's,
My cousin's, he took me out on a sled,
And I was frightened. He said, Jeff,
Jeff, hold on tight. And down we went.
In the FDA land, there you feel free.
I read, much of the night, and go south in the winter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My name is Fard and I'm a poet
Am I a good one?
Well, you wouldn't know it!